MD Ag Showcases
Filled with colorful displays and interactive exhibits, the Maryland Agriculture Showcases travel to fairs, festivals, and events across the state. The Showcases attract and inform visitors about the importance of Maryland agriculture in their lives. Attendants help kids with hand on activities adding to the Showcase experience. Exhibits highlight Maryland’s many commodities; poultry, nursery & greenhouse, dairy, corn, soybeans, and much more!
Hands-on activities set up outside the unit provide additional interest for youth participation. Give your guests the opportunity to view seeds through a microscope, test their knowledge of the food groups, shop for grains, see & hear testimonials from farm owners, explore life in the soil, and more.
To book the Showcase for one or more days, contact Diana Tyler at email@example.com or 410-939-9030.
This popular attraction is underwritten in part by revenues from the Maryland Ag Tag and by fees charged to help recover the cost of hauling.
** The Maryland Agricultural Education Foundation (MAEF) recognizes the importance of good sanitation practices in protecting the health of students in our mobile labs and guests in our showcases.
Per the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control, MAEF attendants and teachers use bleach-based disposable wipes and cleaners to sanitize our showcases and labs. When possible, teachers wipe down high-touch areas in labs between classes. Labs are cleaned daily and deep cleaned at the end of every week to deliver a fresh lab to the next school.
Showcases are wiped down daily and thoroughly cleaned between events.
MAEF regularly reminds our staff to follow our cleaning protocols closely, wash their hands often, stay home when sick, and dispense hand sanitizer to students when they arrive at the lab and before they leave.
We work closely with our schools and school districts as well as the events we attend to maintain a safe and healthy environment within our labs and showcases for our employees and guests.
AG ON THE MOO-VE
“Agriculture on the Moo-ve” is an alternative to the Maryland Agriculture Showcase for fair and festival events. Exciting hands-on tabletop activities are managed by a MAEF staff member. These activities promote the importance of agriculture in a stimulating way!
Samples of possible activities include:
1. Make Your Own “Down on the Farm” Riddle Bookmark – Children answer several farm related riddles and then find the farm “Foamie” to answer the riddles as they complete a Down on the Farm bookmark.
2. Make Your Own Bookmark – Children stamp, color and trim a bookmark with a trivia fact about one of Maryland’s commodities. Choices include poultry, nursery, dairy, sheep, pigs, and honey bees.
3. Farm Animal Puppets – Using paper lunch bags, children get to make their own puppet and share some interesting animal facts.
4. Farm Animal Hand Fan – Children can color cheerful farm animals and attach a craft stick to create a hand fan and stay cool while at your event.
5. Life Cycle of a Pumpkin – This kid friendly book when completed shows the complete life cycle of a pumpkin from seed to fruit.