Jobs at MAEF
Middle School Director Position
The Maryland Agricultural Education Foundation (MAEF) is accepting applications for the position of Middle School Director through May 31, 2022. The Middle School Education Director is responsible for the development and management of MAEF programs for Grades 6-8 in formal and informal settings.
Principal responsibilities of this position include providing new opportunities for middle school youth to attain agricultural literacy and to explore careers in agriculture through a mobile lab, online curriculum and other strategies; outreach to school systems to support and develop middle school Ag Science programs; working with Maryland FFA staff to develop and support middle school FFA programs and the opportunity to teach MAEF’s “Infusing Agriculture in the Secondary Classroom” hybrid course in partnership with Goucher College.
Official Press Release: Press Release Middle School Director Candidate
For more information: MAEF Middle School Director Job Description
Maryland Agriculture Showcase Attendant
The Maryland Agricultural Education Foundation, Inc. is currently seeking seasonal part-time staff for its “Amazing! Maryland Agriculture Showcase”. The Showcase features interactive exhibits, colorful displays, and activities for kids. The Showcase travels to fairs, festivals, and events throughout Maryland.
Candidates from each of Maryland’s five regions including Central, Western, Southern, Lower Shore and Upper Shore are encouraged to apply.
Attendants are the face of MAEF, interacting with the public who visit our interactive showcases, running a MAEF game or craft with children, and sharing information about our other programs. Attendants assist in setting up and breaking down the displays before and after each day of the event.
- Our exhibiting season is March through October.
- Work hours and dates are variable from single days to as many as six consecutive days depending on the event.
- This is a paid position at $17/hour with mileage and expenses reimbursed.
- This position may include some travel, in which case overnight hotel accommodations will be provided in addition to the reimbursements above.
- PPP supplies will be provided for our attendants’ safety and comfort at public events.
- Candidates must be organized, responsible, dependable, friendly, flexible, good communicators, work well with kids and adults, and have an interest in agriculture.
Contact Victoria Stone at email@example.com. Applications are now being accepted.