Jobs at MAEF
The Executive Assistant supports the internal operations of the Maryland Agricultural Education Foundation (MAEF), including fiscal, organization, human resource and other duties as assigned.
Maryland Agricultural Education Foundation, Inc., established in 1989, is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the understanding and appreciation of the importance of agriculture in everyone’s daily lives. With programs serving pre-kindergarten through post-secondary audiences, MAEF signature programs include “Infusing Ag in the Classroom” professional development courses for teachers; mobile science labs; mobile agricultural showcases and Maryland FFA. Funded by the Maryland “ag tag” license plate revenues, gifts, grants and program fees, MAEF is an equal opportunity employer which celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage inbound and outbound grants with team.
- Assist in updating database.
- Oversee execution of contracts, conflict of interest statements and MOUs annually.
- Process and scan mail.
- Maintain proper inventory of office supplies.
- Act as an important link to CPA in accounts payable/receivable workflow.
- Work with executive director, accountant and auditor to complete annual audit.
- Prepare and process correspondence and registrations.
- Maintain personnel records, timesheets and work with accountant on payroll.
- Manage payroll deductions and records for vacation/leave.
Other Duties As Assigned:
- Coordinate meetings as required.
- Assist with events as needed (banquet, golf tournament, workshops).
- Experience in bookkeeping and contracts management.
- Human Resources experience to include interfacing with ADP and benefits administrators.
- Nonprofit background strongly desired.
- Familiarity with agricultural and/or educational systems strongly desired.
- Proficient with Quickbooks Online & Microsoft Office/Sharepoint.
- Able to work efficiently both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and responsive to deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to identify both problems and solutions.
Location: MAEF employees are teleworking until it is safe to return to the office. Position will be located at the William Amoss Agricultural Center, 503 Oakington Road, Havre de Grace, MD 21078. This employee occasionally may be expected to attend off-site events during or outside of normal work hours.
Salary Range: $25-30/hour. This is a part-time position with no benefits.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Email inquiries only.
MAEF Mobile Science Lab Teachers – State-wide!
Are you looking for a flexible, part-time teaching job? Do you have classroom teaching experience? We have the perfect position for you! We are now hiring part-time teachers across the state for our Mobile Science Lab Program which brings agriculture education to students across Maryland through hands-on science experiments. MAEF is seeking qualified educators to teach on their mobile science labs. The labs travel to elementary schools throughout the state of Maryland to teach students the importance of agriculture in their everyday lives. Lab teachers lead K-5 students in hands-on scientific investigations and experiments.
- Teach PreK-5 students
- Openings across the state
- Established curriculum
For more information contact, Shannon Brown, Elementary Education Director, at (410) 939-9030, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are being accepted now.
Maryland Agriculture Showcase Attendant
The Maryland Agricultural Education Foundation, Inc. is currently seeking seasonal part-time staff for its “Amazing! Maryland Agriculture Showcase”. The Showcase features interactive exhibits, colorful displays, and activities for kids. The Showcase travels to fairs, festivals, and events throughout Maryland.
Candidates from each of Maryland’s five regions including Central, Western, Southern, Lower Shore and Upper Shore are encouraged to apply.
Attendants are the face of MAEF, interacting with the public who visit our interactive showcases, running a MAEF game or craft with children, and sharing information about our other programs. Attendants assist in setting up and breaking down the displays before and after each day of the event.
- Our exhibiting season is March through October.
- Work hours and dates are variable from single days to as many as six consecutive days depending on the event.
- This is a paid position at $15/hour with mileage and expenses reimbursed.
- This position may include some travel, in which case overnight hotel accommodations will be provided in addition to the reimbursements above.
- PPP supplies will be provided for our attendants’ safety and comfort at public events.
- Candidates must be organized, responsible, dependable, friendly, flexible, good communicators, work well with kids and adults, and have an interest in agriculture.
Contact Diana Tyler at 410-939-9030 ext. 106 or e-mail email@example.com. Applications are now being accepted for the 2021 season.